Course DescriptionThis course covers CLO’s advanced virtual garment visualization tools and skills for fashion design development and presentation. You will learn essential skills you need to become an expert 3D designer using CLO. How to create and express more various and intricate garments will be learned throughout this course. The course will train you to intuitively translate any CAD drawing or physical garments to become 3D virtual garments and instantly transform existing 2D garment patterns into different styles. In addition to the creation of virtual garments, you will create elaborated 3D virtual environments including retail showroom setting and runway show stages incorporating photo-realistic rendered images and various animations. Prerequisite(s): NCC 010
Online sections include a $15 fee.
This course may be offered in-person, remotely, or online; please click each available section to view more details.
Under course 'Type' you will see one of these options:
Prerequisite course NCC 010 must first be successfully completed to join this class.
Required skills before taking this Certificate:
- 2D pattern stitching and arrangement in 3D
- Folding (pleats, gather, collar/lapel, cuff/hem)
- Trim techniques (grouped button, hardware, topstitching, zipper)
- Manual pattern grading for different avatar size
- Spec measurement and POM table creation
- Graphic manipulation (edit texture, normal map, displacement map)
- Fabric manipulation (washing, fur, various textures)
- Ticket and labeling creation (hangtag and label)
- Animation (Create your own avatar runway catwalk video)
- 2D pattern transformation into different styles
- 2D pattern making from scratch to create your own style