Course DescriptionCLO’s robust 3D simulation engine allows you to create garment styles with countless layers and intricate details. Design a variety of garments, from a simple blouse to functional outerwear with complicated pattern pieces and construction. Instantly review changes as any modifications to 2D patterns, colors, textures and finishing details are immediately simulated. Improve quality of designs by checking silhouette and fit sooner in the development process, allowing sample time for refinement before finalization. Reduce design preparation time and dive into the design process right away with prepared blocks. Quickly sketch new designs directly on your Avatar and automatically generate pattern pieces. All 2D pattern files in AAMA/ASTM .dxf format can be imported to CLO for the creation of 3D garments.
This course may be offered in-person, remotely, or online; please click each available section to view more details.
Under course 'Type' you will see one of these options:
- Intermediate knowledge in garment construction/patternmaking
- If you do not have the required skills, we recommend that you complete SXP 175 prior to registering for this course.
- Intermediate Adobe Illustrator proficiency in: the pen tool, layer tool, shape tool, the concept of paths and closed objects, and file import/export
- If you do not have the required skills, we recommend that you complete CTD 100 prior to registering for this course.
- Use Google slides and docs, screen sharing, and file import/export
- Computer specifications: CLO System Requirements, a 2019 or newer computer is recommended
- Access to your FIT Google Drive for instructor files
- 3-button mouse (the scroll can work as a third button)
- A second monitor is not required but highly recommended