Course DescriptionArtists, designers, and merchandisers embark on an 8-week certificate program that cultivates their ability to use color to achieve success and increase sales with an understanding of consumer behavior. Work hands-on developing professional palettes to make confident design, styling and merchandising decisions. This certificate program includes a panel discussion by industry experts who work with color in their fields, career coaching, and a special session conducted by a top trend expert. Visits and demos include FIT’s unique color facilities.
- How color impacts branding and purchasing decisions, including subliminal messaging
- How to use color as a creative competitive tool
- Color psychology in today’s multi-cultural market
- Professional color vocabulary, resources, and guides
- Create color palettes, combinations, and stories
- How to use color as a mood and appearance enhancer
- The art and science of color forecasting
- Possible career paths and advancement
In-Person sections include a $100 fee for in-class supplies not listed below.
Course Materials: Students should expect to purchase some workshop-related materials assigned at the first class and have a color wheel by The Color Wheel Co for the first class of the program.
This course may be offered in-person, remotely, or online; please click each available section to view more details.
Under course 'Type' you will see one of these options: